Characteristics of a Misogynist
Misogyny (mi-soj'e-ne) n. Hatred of women;
a person who hates women.
Do any of these characteristics sound familiar?
If you or someone you know has 4 or more of these,
we encourage seeking help to deal with the issues that have created these characteristics. Behaviors don't come out of a vacuum, there are reasons (not excuses) for this behavior, and it can be dealt with..
* A Knight In Shining Armor, "I'll save you."
* Zeros in on a woman; he chooses her.
* Extremely possessive, always wanting to know where you are; who you're with.
* Obsessively jealous, even of your women friends.
* Has first class spending habits; always wanting more.
* Can't stand criticism; always on the defense.
* Exciting, fun, charismatic.
* A product of a dysfunctional family.
* Had a poor relationship with his mother.
He had an abusive or passive father.
* Has a distorted view of reality.
* Uncomfortable with feelings;
contemptuous of other's weaknesses.
* Has problems with authority figures.
* If you share a secret with him it may be used against you.
* Threats of withdrawal if you don't comply,
"If you really loved me, you would…"
* Makes fun of you, calls you names and
inflicts little digs; hostile humor.
* You feel awkward and incompetent around him; controlled.
* Embarrasses you in public or flatters you
then cuts you down when alone.
* Is nasty behind the wheel and feels that others'
mistakes are directed toward him.
* Wants or demands undivided attention;
you are to be available when he wants you.
* Cruelty may be directed toward animals
* Has a dual personality (Jekyll/Hyde).
* Has grandiose behavior; is cocky, controlling, self-centered.
* Is preoccupied with sex and is sexually controlling.
* Is competitive; must always win; his way or
no way at all.
* As a child, he enjoyed playing with fire;
more than curiosity.
* Was or is involved in a violent sport. (What is he doing now?).
*Comes on too strong.
* Believes in the traditional stereo-type role
modeling and roles.
* Is an habitual liar; he twists facts to make it look
as if he were the victim.
* Has extreme mood swings (extreme high to low).
* Takes no responsibility for anything; blames
others/things/circumstances for his behavior.
* Treats you rough at times; twisting your arm,
* Is nice to others, but treats you badly;
shows no respect.
* Steals, uses people, cheats them out of their money; always borrowing, never pays back.
* Professes to be religious then attacks your religious beliefs.
* Gives gifts then demands favors.
* Makes jokes and puts women down in front of
you then ridicules you for being upset.
* Encourages pity from others; convinces you to
feel sorry for him for all he's had to endure.
*Constantly cuts down your family and friends;
isolates you. You must account for your time.
* Very impatient and when he gets angry will
destroy property; usually yours.
*Overly sensitive and sulks when he
doesn't get his way.
* Tells you everything to do; what to do,
how to do it, when to do it; what to wear
This information came from LIFE SKILLS INTERNATIONAL
For more detailed information please CLICK HERE